i think it is the servlet specifications

if i am not wrong servlet 2.3 specifications does not evaluate the EL
expressions..

On 9/12/06, maya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I can't get my EL expressions to evaluate to what they're supposed to...
they print verbatim, in both IE and FF, like for example:

   Server Name: ${pageContext.request.serverName}
   Server Port: ${pageContext.request.serverPort}
   Remote Address: ${pageContext.request.remoteAddr}
   Remote Host: ${pageContext.request.remoteHost}

or this in a bean:

   Name retrieved from JavaBean has the value of: ${param.name}.

anything else I've tried to do w/EL it always prints like this in
browser.. why is this..  (running on Tomcat 5, everything pretty
standard..)  thank you..