Behind the scenes JSPs are Servlets .

  I had the same problem as maya is facing and after following the instructions
here: http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-taglibs/FrequentlyAskedQuestions , and
making sure that there was no version mismatch between the .tld files and the
URIs and getting the correct versions of the JAR files solved the problem.

  -Rashmi

Andrés Florit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Expression Language (EL) is part of the JSP 2.0 specification. If I'm not
wrong it has anything to do with servlets. If you use JSP 1.2 you have to
import the JSTL libraries. I think that Tomcat 5 implemnts JSP 2.0.
Sorry my english.

Andrés