highway=unclassified

good deal of discussion about this
so another point of view is "residential" for those industrial area streets
and unclassified is a road classification below tertiary in rural areas

(there is no conclusion about this, whether this statement starts a long
argument or not)

While it might be unconcluded by mappers, the thing to remember is a
lot of routing software is made by europeans and they classify
unclassified above residential, so you might get some funny routing
using residential in industrial areas.

>From a user's point of view, I would expect to see major roads one colour, secondary roads another colour. I wouldn't expect to see a different colour just because a road goes past factories instead of homes. Do "unclassified" and "residential" both render to the same colour?

..Richard