In New South Wales, the Geographic Names Board register shows the Sydney
suburb Mount Druitt (no abbreviation) while the adjacent suburb is St
Marys (always St and never Saint). The same applies to places named St
Peters and St Leonards. Using the word "Saint" would not accord with the
places' official names.
I understand there is a tendency to remove sectarian references so
that "St" can be pronounced as the speaker wishes and is not
necessarily "Saint".

Hello all, our team has come into an interesting situation regarding