Hi,

On 12.09.19 06:27, Andrew Harvey wrote:
> It's always better to have this mapped based on confirmations on the
> ground, and it appears in this case that the local mapper Zhent, has
> been mapping based on local knowledge.

I have a feeling that Zhent's "foot=yes" might not mean "there is a sign
here allowing access" but more "I walked here and wasn't arrested" ;)

Question is, can we assume that any path leading into Conservation Lands
that does *not* have a sign forbidding something, allows it? Probably
not - NPWS can hardly be expected to continuously patrol the area for
new "things that look like paths". Mind you, some of the paths that were
added here have "sac_scale" and "trail_visibility" tags that do not
sound like these are obvious trails actually prepared by NPWS for walkers.

This might also tie in with the concept of "default rules" - for
example, if "everyone knows that horse riding is only permitted on
explicitly signed trails" in Conservation Lands then do we apply a
blanket horse=no to everything else, or not...

Bye
Frederik