From: Frederik Ramm [mailto:frede...@remote.org]
Sent: Thursday, 12 September 2019 6:04 PM
To: talk-au@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [talk-au] Paths in Illawarra Conservation Lands

Hi,

On 12.09.19 09:29, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> "Come for a serious bushwalk or a casual jog, visit a lookout in the
> winter for whale watching off the coast, or break out the binoculars for
> birdwatching. There are cycling opportunities on fire trails and plenty
> of chances to cool off in summer by retreating to a rainforest track."

Specifically for the Lower Escarpment Trail, I found this co-authored by
the NPWS office:

http://www.visitwollongong.com.au/uploads/308/illawarra-escarpment-trails-pdf.pdf

"Lower Escarpment trail ... This unsealed vehicle-width trail traverses
the lush middle slopes between Tarrawanna (Hawthorn Street) and Bulli
(Bulli Pass) ...  Ideal for: fit walkers, joggers and cyclists."

Which clearly seems to indicate that cycling is allowed - would that
include mountain biking? Unsure, this mountain biker web site

https://www.trailforks.com/route/lower-escarpment-trail/

says:

"Unlicensed motorbikes have resulted in a number of head on accidents
with riders. ... This route is Unsanctioned, Ride at your own Risk!"

Bye
Frederik