>> I prefer hiking_scale:awtgs= as you know that it is a hiking scale ..

>> even if you don't know what awtgs is.

>Fair comment.

>> Routes are a different problem .... while the worst one could be

>> included .. what happens if/when things change? Possibly better to leave
it off?

>> Consider that some routes have alternatives, excursions...

>One grade for the entire route, which counts the worst bits of the whole
distance, plus separate grades for individual sections?

>& can we just write this up for Oz use, or do we have to go down the full
path of RFC / Proposal / Voting? (Which will >undoubtedly be a Grade 5 trek!

>:-))

I'm thinking "hiking_scale:awtgs=".  This would have solved the problem of
my well-meaning German friend deleting my tags.

Since it is an Australian tag, I would have thought adding it to the
Australian Wiki would be sufficient.

With regard to users applying a grade using this system, how about we use a
"source:grade=" tag?  Maybe if the AWTGS grade  has been sign-posted by the
trail manager (whoever that might be), it could be
"source:grade=as_signed"??  If a grade has been assigned by a user,
"source:grade=user" ??

Ian