In the global community it's still disputed, see
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:service%3Ddriveway#Pipestems
and my proposal to have this as an editor preset
https://github.com/openstreetmap/id-tagging-schema/pull/239 where the
tagging question is still not resolved.

I've actually come around to the idea that service=pipstem is better,
rational being that service=driveway is very clearly defined on the wiki as
a non-shared driveway leading to a single residence. I think it's best we
leave that intact and have a sibling tag service=pipestem for shared
driveways. Otherwise you'll need to redefine service=driveway to be any
type of shared or non-shared driveway and add a new tag driveway=single to
most existing highway=service.