> tl;dr - I’m interested in getting more surfing-centric tagging into OSM,
hopefully leading to an open surfing map.

As an avid surfer (Sydney region) and OSM contributor I love the sound of
this!

Something I note that is missing on the wiki (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:sport%3Dsurfing) is how to tag
something when surfing *isn't* an option at a beach - the absence of
`sport=surfing` on a beach node may just mean it hasn't been surveyed yet.
Being able to query all surfable (or exclude non-surfable) beaches would be
great for a road trip or choosing a campsite.

For example, Brighton-Le-Sands never has waves as it's in Botany Bay.
`sport=none` wouldn't make sense as it's a great spot for windsurfing (and
beach cricket etc :D). Is there space for a tag like `surfing=unsuitable`
or `waves=minimal` to be added to a `natural=beach`?

Cheers,
Jake