Jo,

    I do this since a couple of months and haven't seen anything
    irregular so far. A couple of newcomers using Id over the past week.

I'm glad there are not all too many actual vandals on OSM. They became a real plague on Wiktionary and probably still are. I gave up on moderating there.

I'm not going to stop doing this , don't think you will either, so eventually, this is just an annoyance to be dealt with, as long as we take care of it, they will come and go. We are here to stay I think. It will keep us sharp!

Glenn