On 2013-11-13 12:18, Marc Gemis wrote :
> Can someone please tell me how I can properly tag this
> POI http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/237662466 ?
>
> It's a shop located in the Pierstraat in Reet. The building has an
> addr:street tag and is part of an associatedStreet relation. However
> Nominatim (and openlinkmap) places it in the Pierstraat - Matenstraat.
> Do a look-up for "Vero Golf" on osm.org <http://osm.org>
Would anyone mind so little? ;-)
> Brussels: *Village* Boundary Brussels, Ville de Bruxelles,
> Brussels-Capital, *French Community*, Brussels-Capital Region,
> 1000;1040, Belgium
> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/?minlon=4.33549880981445&minlat=50.7964057922363&maxlon=4.40201187133789&maxlat=50.8904113769531>
Nominatim locates that village in the French Community !!!
And nobody seems to care !!!

>     Territorialité des langues
>
> <https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communaut%C3%A9s_de_Belgique#Territorialit.C3.A9_des_langues>
>
> La Constitution belge a prévu, en son article 4
> <https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_4_de_la_Constitution_belge>,
> _*quatre *__*régions linguistiques
> <https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9gions_linguistiques_de_Belgique>*_ :
> la région de langue néerlandaise, la région de Bruxelles-Capitale
> (bilingue français-néerlandais), la région de langue française et la
> région de langue allemande (la plupart des communes des Cantons de
> l'Est
> <https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantons_de_l%27Est_%28Belgique%29>).
> Ces quatre zones délimitent les territoires où chaque langue est la
> langue officielle, avec en plus trente communes situées près des
> frontières linguistiques où des minorités historiques bénéficient de
> facilités linguistiques
> <https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facilit%C3%A9s_linguistiques>.
>
> Les Communautés ne représentent donc pas directement l'ensemble des
> personnes parlant une des langues officielles, mais les habitants des
> différentes régions linguistiques.
>

>   Gemeenschap (België)
>   <https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemeenschap_%28Belgi%C3%AB%29>
>
> Een *gemeenschap* is een /_*persoonsgebonden*_ overheid/ in België
> <https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgi%C3%AB>.

> _*Alle Belgen*_ vallen onder een van de volgende drie
> taalgemeenschappen ...

>     Brussel
>
> _*Brussel is officieel tweetalig*_, behorend tot zowel de Vlaamse en
> Franse gemeenschap...

The issue seems clear to me, especially in French.
We have 3 kinds of persons according to the official language they
speak, but we have *4 territories* one of which is bilingual in the
sense that their people can choose between two languages. "behorend tot
zowel" is ambiguous: it should made clear that it speaks of the persons
and not the territories.
But that's obvious. A territory cannot be inside 2 disjoint territories,
and that's the problem...
As OSM is obviously drawing territories, the communities do not fit in
relations, these must contain territories

As nobody cares, as I am presently involved in Brussels modifications,
and as I know boundaries well, I can do that:
- add a 4th territory aka community for Brussels.
The only problem is how to name it.
The three territories are called:

Flemish Community, Communauté flamande, Vlaamse Gemeenschap, Flämische
Gemeinschaft
French Community, Communauté française, Franse Gemeenschap, Französische
Gemeinschaft
German-speaking Community, Communauté germanophone, Duitstalige
Gemeenschap, Deutschsprachige Gemeinschaft

They should normally not be called territories, but I'm not going to
start a misunderstood revolution.
Brussels' Community? Bilingual Community?
> I know this is a complex street that starts as Pierstraat in
> Reet/Rumst in the east ,...
I know it's a complex country that starts as Pierstraat in the west, ... :-)

Cheers,
Cordialement,

André.