Hi,

I've had to wait for an Osmand map update (10 days!!!) to be able to report the results of the test below.

On 2014-09-11 01:38, Ben Laenen wrote :
On Wednesday 10 September 2014 23:30:44 André Pirard wrote:
Shouldn't the same ref=* <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:ref> as
of the motorway be used on allhighway
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:highway>=motorway_link
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dmotorway_link>?
On the topic of reference numbers: slip roads have their own reference
numbers, which I haven't seen many people map yet. There are signs for it
(small red-white signs along the road, not on major signs), and their numbers
are like "A001.035", which would be a slip road towards or from the A1. You
could map these with admin_ref=*.

Apart from that, a highway=motorway_link should not have a ref=* tag. The exit
number should be on the node with the highway=motorway_junction as its ref=*
tag.
That's exactly what I was saying in the quote you removed: no problem with the exits.
The issue is only with the entrances (through a link): you'd better be told that you're entering a motorway and which, but all the links I checked contain no tag to instruct Osmand to say "take right onto E25 motorway".
As I don't think that the slip roads, admin_ref=* and E0025.035 can solve that problem, I looked at a few places around the world: Köln, London, Amsterdam do use ref=* tags on such entrance links according to my feelings and to good sense.  Once we are on an entrance link, it is as if we are on the motorway already.  destination:ref=* could also be used, even at any remote location, but only if it were supported.

I added destination:ref=E25 on a link and Osmand kept silent while going onto it.
I added ref=E25 on the next link and Osmand said "turn right onto E25".

So, I recommend the latter.

André.

PS: And, BTW, good sense too makes it unnecessary to tag links with a 50 km/h speed limit over the first 50m because the end of urban zone road signs are not right at the beginning.