14/11/2015 18:07:06, André Pirard:
> On 2015-11-14 17:24, Ruben Maes wrote :
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm sorry, but just no. Though I am personally shocked just like everyone
> > else, I feel that OSM is IMO not the place for these kind of messages. I
> > would rather have your changeset reverted.
> My mind was not agreeing with my heart when clicking "send" because I
> feared this reply.
> > Furthermore, you have no right to speak on behalf of *all* OSM mappers.
> That is exactly why I posted this message, to know the general opinion
> about it.
> At this time, it's 1 no 2 yes.
> I'm waiting for more reactions and if there is not a strong majority of
> yeses, I will revert.
> So, please say yes if you feel like it, not just no.

Of course my thoughts are with the victims, but adding it to the map is not the
way, just because it is not something that belongs in a GIS. Besides, all that
attention is exactly what those filthy terrorists want!

> By all means, do not tell anybody else that the OSM community until a
> decision is made by Monday.
>
> And please everybody, say something else that just noes and tell us what
> you think about the Wikipedia link.  That is, a link that is not the
> website of the element but to information related to it.

We don't add tags to the Bristish Parliament for the Gunpowder Treason page, or
to some random grass field for the Waterloo Battle, or such things. If a
monument is erected for these attacks, you can map the monument and add the
monument's Wikipedia page and Wikidata item to the monument's OSM object. The
Wikidata item should link to both the item for the events and all involved
locations.

Wikipedia and Wikidata tags should point to the item about the object itself,
and nothing else.

> > There may even be terrorists here for all we know.
> >
> > If this were to appear in the press like you suggest, I would feel ashamed
> > and have the feeling that we are using the events for our own cause, which
> > too many people are already doing.
> I don't feel like that at all.  There is no boasting.
> Would you suppress humanitarian tagging about which there is much boasting?

Humanitarian tagging is actually helping the victims. We can tell the world
that we are doing this because some people will say, "Hey, I can actually help
this way instead of changing my profile picture", and that will make the next
crisis response even better.