Now back on topic: we have the Leie's banks back on the render.

On donderdag 28 juli 2016 17:54 Jakka wrote:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/note/646584#map=17/50.82877/3.25798&layers=N
>
> Please feedback what and where was the cause

There were two places where there were problems with relation
http://osm.org/relation/2393380:

* http://osm.org/relation/2393380#map=17/50.89599/3.34545
   The sluice was a complete mess. It took me some time to figure out what was
going on exactly here.

* http://osm.org/changeset/41095237#map=19/50.92122/3.42972
   There was a random tiny, excess way in the relation.

The waterway=riverbank tags were non-uniformly applied. Not all ways had them,
some had an additional random area=yes or area=no. Some had natural=riverbank,
waterway=canalbank or some other weird derivation I had never heard of.
I stripped those completely. No more waterway=riverbank on this part of the
Leie [note 1]. But if some day consensus is reached (not that that will ever
happen) that the multipolygon approach with {natural=water, water=river} isn't
good after all, it wouldn't be so hard to convert it.

[note 1] Sorry Glenn, I really couldn't be bothered any more. With a relation,
I can tell JOSM to fetch all member ways, use webtools like the one you
mentioned to check their integrity, and the JOSM validator will complain if I'm
messing up.

--
Dit bericht is ondertekend met OpenPGP.