Hi Mihai
Most of the population in Canada lives close to the south border with USA. The
northern areas are isolated with sparse villages, mining and forestry
activities.  In the forestry areas, main roads are already quite dangerous with
overweight trucks driving very fast. The tracks going out of these main roads
are to cut wood. Tractors circulate on these roads to cut wood and transport it
to the  main roads.    Personnaly, I generally map only the main roads.
> id=425338059 highway=trac -> Since the purpose of these roads is to cut wood
> and that tractors mainly circulate on these,  I would add these
> tagssurface=unpavedsmoothness=horrible  (this indicates that such roads are
> generally not adequate for cars).see
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:smoothness

For the main Forestry Roads, they are generally called in province of Quebec
Route forestière (Forestry road) and are under the supervision of the Forestry
Department. There are roads where you do not have any services for 300-400 km
long. You need some autonomy. The priority is generally for  the overweight
trucks carrying logging. There is also isolated villages and leisure activities
(ie chalets, fishing, hunting) and rarely a fuel station. We need to minimally
inform on the reality of driving on these roads. See how I tagged one of these
roads.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/111004099

I do not classify main as Track since they are roads connecting to a vast
network of roads. But I add tags to describe the smoothness. I also add
priority=overweight_truck. As a minimum you generally need a pickup + a CB
radio to indicate your position (pickup driving up the road at km 20 ...).  The
truckers then give their position and you have to clear the way if they are
nearby. I see that I did not add the smoothness key to these. I will add
smoothness=very_bad

Pierre