On 2017-10-02, at 12:22 PM, Martijn van Exel <mve...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any NB mappers here? If not we can extract the most active mappers
> from the data and ask directly. (That is how we usually go about this if we
> have a local question where nobody from the area seems to be on the national
> mailing list.)
>
> Martijn van Exel
> skype: mvexel

I live in NB but haven't been involved in tagging these particular signs. While
mapping street names, I tend to use "name=x Street" and "name:fr=Rue x" in
English-speaking areas of the province, with the opposite in French areas. I
see no reason we can't do something similar with destination signs, even if the
double-colon may look unwieldy.

After all it is, officially, "Regent Street" in English and "Rue Regent" in
French, not "Rue Regent Street" in both.

JPK