No it's the other way round. More specific tags override the general tags.

So in the example

access=destination
motor_vehicle=no

The first tag marks all transport modes (including foot) as destination
only, and motor_vehicle then changes this for that specific subset of
transportation modes to "no". In effect this is saying motorised vehicles
are not allowed, while non motorised vehicles, (horses) and pedestrians are
only allowed when going to their destination.

Simplified Hierarchy diagram:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Key:access#/media/File%3AAccess_hierarchy_simple2.png

Best regards
Rob


On Thu, 31 Mar 2022, 12:55 Andy Mabbett, <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 at 09:33, Brian Prangle <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > I've added the 7 disabled spaces round the corner on Albert Street and
> New Meeting
> > Street.
>
> Thank you, but I think your edit may have failed to save (or someone
> has since deleted them). I can find no such objects (I can see you
> node in High Street).
>
> > I've used access=destination
>
> I'm still confused, as we now have roads with:
>
>    access=destination
>    motor_vehicle=no
>
> Is there an implicit priority whereby the former overrides the latter?
>
> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing
> https://pigsonthewing.org.uk
>
> _______________________________________________
> Talk-gb-westmidlands mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb-westmidlands
>
_______________________________________________
Talk-gb-westmidlands mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb-westmidlands

Reply via email to