----- Original Message ----- From: "80n" <80n...@gmail.com>
To: "Barnett, Phillip" <phillip.barn...@itn.co.uk>
Cc: "David Groom" <revi...@pacific-rim.net>; <Talk-GB@openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2010 8:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] Why I'm not currently using OS Opendat as a source WAS The last 2%

Phillip
OSM has always taken a very conservative approach on licensing and if in
doubt has erred on the side of caution.

Following this philosophy you cannot agree to the contributor terms.

If you can find a way to revert your OS contributions then you would be able
to agree to the new contributor terms.

80n
I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with you there, see my post which was made at 20:30

Alternatively, if someone were to provide a way to change the authorship of
those changesets to a different user ID that remained CC-BY-SA then you
would also be free to agree to the new license.  Doing this would actually

I'd also dispute this point, as the CT's talk refer to the user which added the data, not the user who currently "owns" it. So even if the authorship were changed to a different user ID, it would still have been Phillip who added the data in the first place.

David

just postpone the reversion of those changesets and it would happen later,
after the license switch, when all CC-BY-SA licensed data would get purged
from the database.

80n

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Barnett, Phillip <phillip.barn...@itn.co.uk