On 15/09/2013 21:41, OpenStreetmap HADW wrote:
I'm pretty sure that store locators pages on chain store web sites are
not safe sources, but can someone confirm this.

What do mean by "safe"? Inaccurate? Unlawful?

There's nothing really wrong with the closed polygon that can't be fixed by removing the building tag. The mapper's clearly used the Bing aerial background imagery to trace the area & used Asda's website for other data. Seeing the car park originates from '09, I'm going to guess the supermarket polygon was expanded from a POI. I can't think of any data being more accurate than the operator's web page. I'm not sure why you so concerned about this instance. Nothing in OSM is completely accurate. If you know ways to improve the data, do so.

Dave F