On Tue, 2018-05-01 at 18:42 +0200, Tobias Zwick wrote:
> Does the "there are no repeater signs" rule only apply for the
> default
> 30 mph limit (and the 20 mph zones)? Or in other words, if there is
> an
> explicit different limit posted, let's say 40 mph, does it have to be
> repeated at each intersection and feed roads?

It applies for 30 mph limits where there is street lighting, I have
never come across an unlit 20 mph zone.

If there is no street lighting the National Speed Limit applies, unless
there are repeater signs. Hence you will find 30 mph repeater signs in
unlit 30 mph limits.

Repeaters are spaced at an regular intervals (up to about 400m), there
is no connection with junctions.

If a NSL road is lit, then that will need repeaters (not motorways).

All 40/50mph roads need repeaters, unless the limit is very short.

An example of a 30 mph repeater.
https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/cQ-aZU75WoEDEr72_gj4xA

Phil (trigpoint)