Its surprising we all agree that using the latin script as default for
local names throughout the country is most usable. Wish we had more
perspectives from rural users of the map, but I guess at the moment we have
not reached there.

This issue would come up again if that happens and local scripts are used
for the default over latin, something similar is already happening in
Bangladesh http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=11/23.1262/89.1843

For now, I guess lets freeze on the latin alphabet as default for all urban
areas of the map. To sum up:

- The default `name` of a feature is that name and spelling that is
recognized by the local public, preferably recorded in the latin script for
data consistency throughout the country. Use a localized script only if
there is no recognized latin spelling for the name
- The localized spellings and scripts should be added in the corresponding
`name:lang` tags
- Due to complications arising over the ordering of multiple languages and
scripts in a label, no `name` tag should contain more than one variation of
the name, use a different tag for each variation

If no major corrections, I can add it to the wiki this week and we can make
changes there.

--
Arun Ganesh
@planemad