Just another point, I think we should be extending major roads to ferry
terminals so to ensure network connectivity across islands. I've been
noticing the prevailing practice in the Philippines is to end a major road
at the port gates, but this breaks connectivity of the road network across
islands at a closer zoom level. I'm citing examples of major roads
extending to ferry terminals in places like the US (e.g. US-10 connecting
with the Maniwotoc-Ludington ferry, roads connecting with ferries across
the Puget Sound in Washington State) Canada (e.g. the Trans-Canada
connecting with the Nanaimo-Horseshoe Bay and Sydney-Port aux Basques
ferries), Russia (e.g. roads connecting A-376 and A-392 with the
Vanino-Kolmsk ferry), and Sweden and Finland (e.g. E12 between Umeå and
Vaasa across the Gulf of Bothnia) to justify this change in practice,
though elsewhere, especially where OSM classifications matched well with
official designations often indicated by route number signs with a specific
numbering scheme and/or color combination, like with most of Europe
(including the UK), Japan and Indonesia, it’s fine to end major
classifications outside the port gates and tag the roads inside the ferry
terminal with lower classifications (usually service, sometimes tertiary
for the major access roads). In those places, their roads networks are
connected well even if it's only true at higher zoom, or the scale for a
printed country or region map.