A route would be marked trunk if it serves two large cities (see list on
proposal page) or metro areas. Some trunk routings with ferry segments
under the proposal follow Nautical Highway routes. I have marked Route 505
(Arnaldo Boulevard and Baybay in Roxas City) as trunk in the present and
future schemes, but if you're suggesting trunk routings with a ferry
segment should have multiple scheduled trips every day or the ferry leaving
full, which is not the case here due to long trip length (Batangas-Roxas
direct being ~17 hours long), then I can drop that in favor of the Mindoro
and Caticlan routing. Would also like to note this with the Central
Nautical Highway routing (Legazpi-Pilar-Aroroy-Masbate
City-Cataingan-Bogo-Cebu City-Tubigon-Jagna-Camiguin-Balingoan). While the
Cebu-Legazpi legs of this route, currently tagged trunk, provides a
shortcut to the usual routing between the two cities via Eastern Visayas,
the Cataingan-Bogo leg has infrequent ferry service, and the Masbate
segments downgraded to primary (the Cebu-Bogo legs would remain trunk as it
connects with the Bogo-Palompon ferry that forms the Cebu-Ormoc trunk
routing); same goes with the Cebu-Bohol-Camiguin-Balingoan legs, which have
been long tagged primary.