Jochen Topf wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 06:07:55AM +0100, Peter Miller wrote:
>> Out of interest where does this leave the following two proposals?
>>
>> Unified StopArea
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/unified_stoparea
>>
>> QROTI
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/QROTI
>>
>> Should we review these other proposals, integrate any appropriate ideas
>> and then politely suggest that people refer to this new proposal for
>> guidance rather than to the other two pages? Would anyone be offended by
>> that?
>
> For the time beeing I have put links to those pages into the "See also"
> section. Maybe we should ask those people who have worked on those pages
> to comment.

As I mentioned earlier, I am founder and main contributor to the
unified_stoparea proposal.

Well, I actually _do_ feel a little offended by two things.
- First: I am confused at how little reference to "my" proposal I find
in the new scheme. It's not that I am vain or anything, but you copied
about anything from that proposal and just gave some items new names.
I wonder if you read it and really copied most of it, in which case I
would have expected some note about it, or if you came up with that on
your own, but than this would show bad research (but still means we both
came independently to the same solution(s)).
- Second: I tried to rally for a coherent PT-tagging scheme for weeks
without end in the beginning of the year (mainly the german list, but
also here) with disappointingly little feedback. I wished you (Jochen
and his group) would have participated in the process back then.
It would have saved me a lot of work and a lot of people that started to
use the unified_stoparea-proposal to eventually re-tag all of their work.

That said: I really _am_ happy that there is some progress in this
field. As you guys have a group (and the geofabrik) behind you, its much
more likely to succeed and become wide spread. And I am very interested
to have a unified tagging scheme, whatever name it bears.

Gerrit