On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 12:30 AM Bryan Housel <bhou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2018, at 12:42 AM, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 8:37 PM Bryan Housel <bhou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can’t a motorway* begin or end* at an at-grade intersection though?
>>

> No, I don't think so.  It's at least not a freeway traffic pattern on the
> side heading towards the intersection.
>

> I do understand your point, but a dozen or so people on talk-us and the
> six or so people on that changeset 64919426

Well, 1 person, an AA roads troll and like 5 sockpuppets.  There's also a
number of people in this thread that do agree with me.

> discussion all disagree with you.  Is there nothing that would make you
> reconsider?

Get the commonly used definition of a freeway changed to include
intersections.  Good luck!

> What you did by classifying it “trunk” back to the Apache Street
>> interchange just looks weird.
>>

> So why should we tag for the renderer?
>

> In this case, the renderer is correct, and it’s making your unusual
> tagging preference stand out clearly on the map.
> Would you at least consider tagging the last 500 feet or so as
> motorway_link?

It's not a mutual split, though; it's the mainline.  I don't think anybody
would argue link is appropriate in this context.