Mary Ann, you bring up a good point. Personally, from a girl's standpoint, I'm just happy if my partner wants to do things in even a couple of areas of interest for me. They don't even have to be at the same level of interest, but just showing some curiosity about something I'm into makes things more enjoyable. But of course hving his own hobbies is important too, sometimes it helps gain perspective on stuff.

And about an interest being homegrown, I don't think that's so important. I once got an ex boyfriend fairly interested in music, and it was a lot of fun introducing him to things he'd never heard before and just sharing those feelings of discovery. I guess it depends on the level of your attachment to whatever thing.

Curious what everyone else thinks.

Maria, who can't make very clear sentences today

Did you miss a message?  Well, don't.