| From: Michael Galea via talk <talk@gtalug.org>

| I have to do the same thing on my mythtv station to prevent the 5.10 series of
| kernels from installing/running.  Debian lets you do this by placing specific
| revision number packages on "hold", disabling further updating.
|
| Fedora seems to have the same sort of feature.  Can't you use it?

https://www.tecmint.com/yum-lock-disable-blacklist-certain-package-update-version/

Good and useful point.  I've used this with Ubuntu when Thunderbird
grew a bug (actually, it was a library bug, but the effect was the
same).

I want kernel updates to install.  I keep hoping that the bug will be
fixed so I need to test each one.  But I don't wish to accidentally
test them :-)

Unfortunately, I've left that fix in the Ubuntu installation because
it is so awkward to test.  Unlike kernels, most other packages expect
only one version to be installed at a time. (I don't count python2 and
python3 to be "the same package" in this sense.)