I have not upgraded my main computer that has Win 7,to Win 10. But I have upgraded another computer that I don't rely on. I will need to purchase an new printer and scanner if I upgraded my main computer to Win 10. Windows 10 is an improvement to Win 8.1. Win 10 is much like Win 7 with a few addtional feature added and a few features removed.

Kim Kamando wrote an article saying Microsoft will be using part of your band with with Win 10 to upgrade other computers. There is a way to turn this off, but it is on by default.