Hi Sunshine. It would be nice if the autorecovery tool could be made so that
if Window-Eyes goes away, the autorecovery tool could restart it if control
alt w does not work

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+skyt=shaw...@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Sunshine via Talk
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 11:53 AM
To: Pamela Dominguez; talk@lists.window-eyes.com
Subject: Re: Window eyes freezes computer!

I did say I could not get a message to Window Eyes. Maybe I should have
said Windows could not get a message to Window Eyes. I said it was not
possible to click on the close the program button so Window Eyes would
totally shut down. There is a difference between must close and closed.
For example if I say I must close the door than the door is still open
until I close it. If I say I closed the door than the door is closed and
I do not need to do that. When windows pops up a message to say a
program is not responding than that program is not shut down until a
person tells windows it is to "close the program".  The only way that
would not be so is if a program had an auto shut down feature just for
itself when it is having issues. That program than could restart on its
own or could manually be started again.

On 8/17/2015 1:20 PM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:
> What do you mean you can't get a message to window eyes?  You talked
> about a message saying window eyes must close. Well, if it closed, it
> should get your control alt w keystroke to open it.  That is the
> standard keystroke to start window eyes, so it should be able to
> respond to that.  As for the message somebody mentioned about window
> eyes already running, that sounds like it is an old copy of window
> eyes before 9.0.  Pam.
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Sunshine via Talk
> Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 1:52 PM
> To: Window-Eyes Discussion List
> Subject: Re: Window eyes freezes computer!
>
> Are you saying that there may be a trojan in Window Eyes? The reason I
> am asking this is because the freeze up only happens when Window Eyes is
> running.
>
> I had a friend look on the screen to see what was there one of those
> times I had to force shut down and they said that there was the notice
> that Window Eyes had stopped working and must close. They could not use
> the mouse to click on it because of course that doesn't work either when
> everything is frozen. Doing alt control W in this situation where the
> close program thing is there does not work because there is no way to
> get a message to the program to do anything. With earlier versions of
> Window Eyes most times a person could bring up NVDA to click on the
> close program button when Window Eyes was not responding. Now it just
> freezes things up.
>
> One thing I have noticed though is that the Windows Explorer crashes
> have not been happening. Didn't like them but do like them better than
> everything freezing up.

> List archives can be found at

List archives can be found at