I have this happen with lenovo, and acer computers processors range from AMD to intell

On 10/1/2015 11:13 AM, Chris Grabowski via Talk wrote:
What type of computers are being used, Dell, HP, etc?
Chris

Window-Eyes Product Support
Ai Squared
725 Airport North Office Park
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
(802) 362-3612
www.aisquared.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+cgrabowski=aisquared....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of Lynn White via Talk
Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2015 10:55 AM
To: Mike <kazej...@runbox.com>; Window-Eyes Discussion List
<talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: Re: Losing speech

I have no doubt that it is a Windows Explorer issue.  With Windows 10, it
doesn't seem to happen as much.

On 10/1/2015 8:27 AM, Mike via Talk wrote:
Hello Everyone

recently, I had an RNIB tech volunteer at my home.  He kept commenting
that Windows Explorer was stopping.  This seemed to coincide with
speech loss.  He mentioned this four or five times in half an hour and
was extremely surprised to see it happening so frequently.

I have also lost speech with Ie 11 and very recently, I have returned
to the computer to find that speech is no longer working even though I
haven't used the computer for a couple of hours. Sleep mode is turned
off along with any other settings which might cause the machine to be
unable to respond as soon as I touch the keyboard.

Probably none of this will be of any help in identifying the problem
but speech loss seems to be getting more and more frequent.

I am using Win7 64 home premium with WE 9.2.

Mike.