The key word is defer. That means you can stop them for now, but they will try again later. Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Kingston via Talk
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 2:23 PM
To: Dennis Long ; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: Windows 10 accessibility

Dennis,

You can defer updates on Windows 10 Pro.
You can disable the search box.
I've yet to hear of anyone actually having a program uninstalled by
Microsoft. And they only do it for pirated programs, which pirates
deserve. But yes, in principle I agree with you. Then again, I was
sickened by Apple's stance on privacy and refusing not to open a dead
terrorist's phone, which he did not even own. So principles have their
limitations.
Virtually all of the privacy issues can be disabled.

I'm not a fan of what Microsoft has done. But in many ways they're
really only catching up with Apple, Google, and other providers who
track every move we make, scan our email, and so on. Conversely, Windows
10 is more secure and fine-tuned for new processors, solid state drives,
etc.

Regards,
Tom