From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+rod_hutton=hotmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On Behalf
Of Stephen Clark via Talk
Sent: May 19, 2016 10:39 PM
To: Window-Eyes Discussion List <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: Re: Searching from the start menu will now only launch Edge for web
results

Well, old man, some of us aren't as old as you and if you think really
really hard, maybe you can figure this one out as well. Some of us actually
work for a living. This means not every one can just go installing whatever
browser we want on our machine. I'm sure you never thought about that either
while you're sitting there collecting your government checks. I realize you
are not a forward thinker, but some people can actually see the direction MS
is headed. They can and most certainly will force you to use whatever they
damn well please. Not to mention all the many apps coming out that are using
the Edge browser with no way to change it.

Now go back to sticking that big head of yours in the sand.

On 5/18/2016 10:31 PM, Tom Kingston wrote:
> Yes, in fact, Jack, I have done a lot of research. It's why I'm not
> having a coronary over Edge. What will come in the future means
> absolutely nothing today. Take that to the bank and deposit it. You
> may get some interest on it. Then again, why bother? After all we will
> all die one day. And that's a fact. Oh but wait! There is Firefox and
> chrome. And I hear those browsers are eternal. Maybe they're the
> Stairway to Heaven Zeppelin was referring to.
>
> John Bonham
>
> On 5/18/2016 9:34 PM, Stephen Clark via Talk wrote:
>> You're entitled to your own opinion, but have you done any actual
>> research to find out what's really going on in the world? For
>> example,
>> Win10 is the last version that will have Internet Explorer. That's a
>> fact, jack. Look it up if you don't believe me.
>>

>> On 5/18/2016 5:11 PM, Tom Kingston wrote:
>>> This is just my personal opinion. So take it for what it's worth.
>>>
>>> Edge accessibility will come. Microsoft is not going to force us to
>>> use only Edge as someone on this list likes to say.
>>>
>>> Regarding searching from the Cortana search box? Yes, that is tied
>>> to Edge now. But for me, so what. My browser is pinned to the Task
>>> bar and my home page is Google. So when I press Windows+1 IE opens,
>>> Google loads, I'm in the search box, and browse mode toggles off. So
>>> I press one key combination, type my text, hit enter, and I've got
>>> my results without anything else in my start menu or on my system.
>>> Yes, it may take me a second or two longer. but on the other hand, I
>>> can activate a link and then hit Alt-Left arrow to go back to the
>>> search results. I don't know why this fly is turning into a vulture
>>> that's threatening civilization as we know it. ;)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tom

http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/huber.kevin7%4
0gmail.com.

http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/tom.kingston%4
0charter.net.

>> author and do not necessarily represent those of Ai Squared.
>>
>> For membership options, visit

http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/tom.kingston%4
0charter.net.

>> For subscription options, visit