Hi. My advice: call the Federal Trade Commision and REPORT IT, REPORT IT, REPORT IT! If your caller ID gives a phone number, note it down and tell the Trade Commission that in their complaint system, NEVER, EVER, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! play along with those birds; they're scammers out to get any poor schmoe who plays along with their calls. They must be stopped; that's my 2 cents worth; thanks.

-----Original Message----- From: Steve Jacobson via Talk
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2016 5:36 PM
To: 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
Subject: RE: Annoying Window Technical Service Calls from India or where ever

Dave,

When you played along with them, you probably got upgraded to their "Call
more often" list.  If you just start hanging up on them, they will probably
downgrade you to a "Call now and then" list and eventually they will stop.
I think it is unlikely that they are calling because they get notified when
you start your system, it is probably just coincidence, but it can't hurt to
do a full virus and malware scan if you feel strongly that they are somehow
being notified.  They are going to try to call when they think they are most
likely going to get a human being answering.

In general, I don't play along with any scammers or spammers, even when it
is tempting.  At the very least, you may indicate to them that you are worth
contacting again, and you could give information to them without meaning to.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson