If Microsoft chooses to talk to anyone regarding access to the Edge browser by screen readers, it will talk to a VFO senior executive member, and not necessarily to the representatives of the individual parts of the VFO group. I actualy think it significant that an extra "A" or the "sqquared" has not been added to the VFO title. And it was significant that Microsoft decided to roll out Narraot's access to the Edge browser, even though it knows that blind people who rely on screen readers do not seriously use Narrator.

The VFO "muscle" is now greater than the sum of individual manufacturers negotiating with Microsoft, but it doesn't mean that MS will give us what we require.

Vaughan.

On 9/1/2016 1:01 PM, Pamela Dominguez via Talk wrote:
Yeah, I wondered when I saw that question, myself. I thought "Hello? Freedom Scientific? Isn't this the wrong list? And then he compounds the felony by saying Window eyes. Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Rod Hutton via Talk
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:22 PM
To: 'Rick Thomas' ; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
Subject: RE: When will Edge Browser be ready Under WindowEyes

Hi Rick,

I have to say, my friend, obviously with tongue in cheek, that you're
barking up the wrong tree if you're addressing your comments to the Freedom
Scientific staff, since, in truth, this is an AI Squared list.
The two companies may be under the same umbrella, but, in the words of
Sting, well, the Police rock band,"it's a big enough umbrella, but it'S
always me that ends up getting' wet."
I guess what I'm trying to highlight is the fact that the two companies will
continue to work independently in the development of their screen reader
offerings, at least in the short term.

Affectionately,

Rod (smile)