From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+amandainparadise777=gmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Joseph Norton via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:50 PM
To: Ted Larson <ted.lar...@yahoo.com>; Window-Eyes Discussion List
<talk@lists.window-eyes.com>; t...@window-eyes.com
Subject: RE: Learning Jaws

Hi Ted:

There’s good news on this one.

JAWS supplies most of its training materials in DAISY format.  They can be
downloaded through the FS Reader program which comes with JAWS.    The training
materials are also supplied on the JAWS DVD.There’s over 11
hours of basic training material available (no, you won’t need to listen to all
of it).

You can either use FS Reader to play the material or your own DAISY player.

You don’t have to switch between your program and FS Reader to pause, resume,
rewind or fast-forward.  Here’s a note from their FS Reader getting started
guide:

Using FSReader with Narrated Audio and Training Materials
With FSReader you have the ability to play, pause, skip ahead, or skip
backwards through narrated audio DAISY materials without actually having to be
in the FSReader user interface. This is GREAT for training purposes. What this
means is that you can be listening to a DAISY book about training and open a
practice document, for example, in Microsoft® Word or Internet Explorer, or any
other application. You can stay in the practice document and still control
FSReader audio with this feature! You no longer have to press ALT+TAB to move
between the FSReader program and back again to your practice files. Just stay
within the practice file, and use the following keystrokes to control the
FSReader audio in the background (if audio is available in the DAISY book):

Play or Pause Audio (toggle), CTRL+P
Skip Ahead 5 seconds, CTRL+PERIOD
Skip Back 5 seconds, CTRL+COMMA
NOTE: Since CTRL+P is also normally used as a hot key within applications to
access the print dialog box, when FSReader is running, this hot key will not
open the print dialog box. Instead, if FSReader is open in the background, this
hot key controls the audio play and pause feature. If you need to print a
document while FSReader is running, use the application's regular menu commands
to print. Normally, that means just press ALT+F to open the file menu of that
program and then press P to open the print dialog box.

Also, you can copy the training materials to your own DAISY player.  They work
well on the NLS player.  Once downloaded, the training materials are located in
the folder C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Training.  There’s only one
DAISY book that doesn’t have audio and that wouldn’t work on the NLS player,
but, everything else is there.

Hope this helps.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10