Hi Joseph,
Does Jaws have a pronounciation dictionary like Window-Eyes has and how do you get to it?

Pastor Gil

-----Original Message----- From: Carol and Roger via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 6:26 PM
To: Joseph Norton ; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: Learning Jaws

Hi Joseph,

I did as you stated, but I could not download the files.  Also, I could
not access anything from the links.  The only file was the very first
one, getting started.

Carol

On 5/16/2017 4:35 PM, Joseph Norton via Talk wrote:
Hi:

I haven’t gotten that far, as far as migration.

However, even if you download JAWS, you get the 11 hours of basic training. This is the same thing that ships on the DVD, and, may be more current, in some cases.

Once you have JAWS up and running, Press Insert-J to open the JAWS window. Under the help menu, you’ll find an option that says “Training”. Select that option and FS reader opens to the table of contents for the Basic Training. This appears like a Web page. Each “book” that talks about various features of JAWS is a link you can press Enter on. For example, when you tab to the link that says, “What is new in JAWS,” and press Enter on it, FS reader will download the book if it is not present, then, put you into the book. (if the book has to download, you will need to say Yes to the “User Account Control” dialog, as the program needs permission to install the training materials in the proper location.) At first, it will seem like a Web page, which you can navigate in the usual way. However, if you press Control-P, it will begin speaking.

Once you get the hang of it, it is a good way to get basic training.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10