Hi Butch,

Your questions are easy to ask but not quite so easy for me to answer. (smile)
I learned macOS by simply grabbing a list of hot keys, and, with a little
knowledge I gained here and there, I learned the underlying philosophy of
VoiceOver, and so I just muddled through until, today, I can do anything I need
to with the Mac.
The biggest difference is that VoiceOver tends to act like a big mouse pointer,
and, once you decide what you want to interact with, you press a VoiceOver hot
key and then interact with the Window or the web page or system dialog or
whatever.
When you want to interact with something else, then you must back out of, or
stop interacting with, what had been focused upon, and then start over again.
We're used to Windows, where focus is always present, and so this is what you
must accept is not true of macOS.
However, because focus is not a necessity, it makes it possible for system
dialogs to pop up, and so you tend to not miss important things happening on
your system.
I would say that macOS is perfectly accessible with VoiceOver, and so it is
equivalent to Window-Eyes.
To be honest, I think it is a beautiful experience when you see the thought
which has gone into developing the macOS, which, I should add, is very, very
similar to how IOS works, which is the OS of the iPod Tuch, the iPad and the
iPhone.
As Dennis has mentioned, there are tutorials which can help you learn macOS.
'David Woodbridge, a blind employee of ision Australia, has lots of podcasts on
different Apple devices, pretty much all of them, in fact, and so he can take
the blame for my buying a Mac.
His descriptions of Apple devices suck you right in, and they just make you run
to the Apple store. (grin)

Best,

Rod

Sent from Outlook 2010 for Windows