The thing is there is no one size fits all -- some programs don't work
on MacOS at all such as quickbooks and the audio editing situation is
more difficult.  Web browsing can be very nice or lousy on some sites,
so I think to get your work done you may need both MAC and WINDOWS.

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 08:27:39 -0500,
Rod Hutton via Talk wrote:

> Hi Butch,
>
> Your questions are easy to ask but not quite so easy for me to answer. (smile)
> I learned macOS by simply grabbing a list of hot keys, and, with a little
> knowledge I gained here and there, I learned the underlying philosophy of
> VoiceOver, and so I just muddled through until, today, I can do anything I
> need to with the Mac.
> The biggest difference is that VoiceOver tends to act like a big mouse
> pointer, and, once you decide what you want to interact with, you press a
> VoiceOver hot key and then interact with the Window or the web page or system
> dialog or whatever.
> When you want to interact with something else, then you must back out of, or
> stop interacting with, what had been focused upon, and then start over again.
> We're used to Windows, where focus is always present, and so this is what you
> must accept is not true of macOS.
> However, because focus is not a necessity, it makes it possible for system
> dialogs to pop up, and so you tend to not miss important things happening on
> your system.
> I would say that macOS is perfectly accessible with VoiceOver, and so it is
> equivalent to Window-Eyes.
> To be honest, I think it is a beautiful experience when you see the thought
> which has gone into developing the macOS, which, I should add, is very, very
> similar to how IOS works, which is the OS of the iPod Tuch, the iPad and the
> iPhone.
> As Dennis has mentioned, there are tutorials which can help you learn macOS.
> 'David Woodbridge, a blind employee of ision Australia, has lots of podcasts
> on different Apple devices, pretty much all of them, in fact, and so he can
> take the blame for my buying a Mac.
> His descriptions of Apple devices suck you right in, and they just make you
> run to the Apple store. (grin)
>
> Best,
>
> Rod
>
> Sent from Outlook 2010 for Windows