I guess that depends on what you use. It's just down right terrible with Thunderbird. NVDA at this point is the best screen reader with TB. Tom has already commented about the UI. It still amazes me that FS's stupid installation program overwrites the shortcut every time forcing us to reset the shortcut hotkey. I have WE, JFW and NVDA on this machine with none of them starting automatically. At this point in time I use NVDA the most which does surprise me some.

It seems reasonable to me to receive some support for costly programs. I decided to put Jaws on my laptop. I'd forgotten that I needed the code instead of my serial number to activate Jaws on the laptop. The email with the code came from a different address from the order so I was having difficulty finding it so I thought I'd try to call for help. I chose activation help from the menu. They had wait times so theyir system gave the option for them to call me back. Guess what, they never called me back and I finally found the code. It looks like their was a bit of a support honeymoon period once they dropped WE but it seems to be over already. VFO doesn't seem to be any better than FS. They could have learned from GW and AI since they bought them out but they just don't seem to be interested in any ideas that don't come from their old group.

On 2/23/2018 1:17 AM, Dennis via Talk wrote:
Jaws is a good screen reader.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Rogers via Talk" <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
To: "Window-Eyes Discussion List" <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Cc: "Mike Rogers" <harpm...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 9:18 PM
Subject: Re: from window eyes to jaws to NVDA

Also, with Jaws you can make the insert key a "Sticky" key.  That way you hit insert and take your finger off and use the same hand to reach another.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 17:43:39 -0800
net bat via Talk <talk@lists.window-eyes.com> wrote:

you don't have to stop useing  window eyes .
both can co exist fine.
all i have to do is unload window eyes and then load jaws when i want to work with it.
or set it so jaws will load on bootup instead.
jaws can be unloaded with insert or capslock and f4 keys
you can change the jaws key from the insert key to the capslock key two ways.
by changeing to the laptop layout.
or if useing the desktop layout you can go to the settings center then to keyboard and insert keys i think its called and change between the insert or capslock key for the jaws key.

-----Original Message----- From: Nick Sarames via Talk