Is it only me that finds these two classifications a bit limiting? How do other
people use them?

I'm thinking of say a restaurant where you could dine in the restaurant, order
takeaway at the counter, drive through and order at the window, or phone for a
delivery. Do I class that as a restaurant? Or does it depend on the type of
food they sell (that you can drive through suggests fast food in this example).

There are also takeaways where the service is anything but fast, especially if
they also have a busy eat-in restaurant section.

What I would have preferred is have "takeaway" as an option and then have say
for places where you can eat in:

amenity=restaurant
takeaway=yes/no
drive_thru=yes/no
delivery=yes/no

and where you can't eat in

amenity=takeaway
drive_thru=yes/no
delivery=yes/no

Which makes me consider that there may be places that only deliver, and perhaps
amenity=fast_food would be suitable for those? I don't think there are any
round here though; most of the delivery places also allow you to collect if you
wish.

So far I've been tagging some of the local takeaways as restaurant even if they
don't have an eat in area if I don't think of the type of food that they sell
as "fast food" - e.g. say Indian or Chinese takeaways where you get the same
standard of food as in the equivalent restaurant, wait as long for it to be
prepared, but take it away in cartons rather than eating it on the premises -
but feel that I should go back and revisit them. The reason is that there is a
KFC restaurant that I do think of as fast food, but has an eat in area (as well
as drive thru and takeaway options). It feels wrong tagging it as fast food
though when it is more of a restaurant than the takeaways that I've tagged as
restaurant.

Thanks for reading. If this has already been discussed I'm still fairly new; if
there is a similar proposal on the wiki then I find the wiki next to impossible
to find anything in and have taken to bookmarking any interesting pages
mentioned on this list so I can find them again easily.

Ed