spaetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 08:51:37AM +0100, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
>> OSM is about encouraging an ecosystem, not just cramming everything
>> onto openstreetmap.org.
>
> Last time people wrote about the OSM homepage they complained
> (including me) that the homepage was too convoluted and side bars etc
> were taking up valuable space. Now it seems, it's ok to add just that
> little one thing here and there in a corner. I want the map as clear
> as possible. If there is a setting for logged in users, perfect. But I
> know that I am fleeing to informationfreeway (or
> http://server.tah.openstreetmap.org/Browse/slippy/) rather than using
> osm.org because I want just a map.

And informationfreeway is even displaying Lat/Lon ...

> People can add their own stuff with a line of code and create
> openlatlonmap.org without problems already now.

Of course, sitting up you own slippy map is easier than setting up
Windows, almost anybody can do that.  But a bunch of people each
settign up their own map that implements the feature they care most
about is not a very user friendly solution, either.

Maybe there should be a 'simple' and an 'advanced' map?

Matthias