Am Thursday 21 May 2009 schrieb Radomir Cernoch:
> Guenther Meyer píše v Čt 21. 05. 2009 v 09:20 +0200:
> > Am Thursday 21 May 2009 schrieb Radomir Cernoch:
> > > Hi, this sounds reasonable. But is there a difference between
> > > "boundary=administrative" and "zone:administrative=*"?
> >
> > it's exactly the same, just the name is a different one.
> >
> > I would propose to tag these all with a generic key called "zone", to
> > unify the tagging.
> > but of course I know that the boundary key is widely known and used...
>
> Hi, could you expand a bit more what is generally meant as a "zone" in
> Germany, please? Currently "boundary=administrative" is used for areas
> as small as a suburb to whole countries. Would "zone:administrative" do
> the same?

zone:traffic or boundary:traffic?
zone:administrative or boundary:administrative?
or something else?

zone is just a word, I don't care how the key is called in the end as long it
reflects its meaning...
"boundary" let's me always think of some kind of borderline with some kind of
barrier, but if it is the best english term for what we want to do, it's ok
for me.

> The reason why I'm asking is that in Czech it would be counter-intuitive
> to use the word "zóna" for anything bigger than a town. Meanwhile
> "boundary" sounds more general.

I think, that zone sound more general ;-)
but I'm no native english speaker; maybe we have someone here who can clarify
this?