Shaun McDonald wrote:
>> oneway=yes isn't a good idea, as oneway is generally assumed to /not/
>> affect pedestrians. (Or how many of you actually add an exception for
>> pedestrians when mapping a highway with oneway=yes?)
>
> The exception being highways that are for pedestrians, i.e. footway and
> pedestrian.

That exception isn't documented anywhere, really rare and as such
unlikely to be included with all applications. It might make sense to
you as a human, but what's the general rule that would describe the
desired behaviour? For example: Would oneway apply to pedestrians if
used on highway=path? Would this depend on the access tags used together
with it?

>> I'd therefore use something like foot[backward]=no (or whatever syntax
>> for conditional tagging is your personal favourite) on that footway
>> leading through the turnstile.
>
> That's an uggly looking tag.

That sort of tag or anything equivalently expressive is required to
represent some situations. I'm not proposing it specifically as a
solution for this case. However, as a general solution for conditional
tagging (depending on direction, vehicle, time, etc.) is needed anyway,
it can be used to solve this as well.

Tobias Knerr