Eugene Iline wrote:
> 2010/4/12 Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org <mailto:frede...@remote.org>>
>
>     The one thing that is *not* ok is changing existing landuse=military
>     tags *in the main database* to something else. This is the one
>     important thing I took from Komяpa's message - people attempting to
>     remove information from OSM hoping to please their government. If he
>     was wrong about this, then all the better. If he was right, then no
>     matter what you tell me about Komяpa's "emotional comprehension of
>     the situation", your proposed actions are detrimental to OSM and I
>     have to thank him for bringing them to a wider attention.
>

> There were no attempts to delete someone else's landuse=military. The
> changesets mentioned concerned only the objects created by the same
> author (except only one which occured in the changeset removing
> =military accidentally and that mistake was recognised) - he has changed
> his mind on the topic and decided to undo his changes.

THAT is a different matter Eugene - and I can support questioning of the way
some contributors like to hide their identity, but if a contributor LOCALLY has
entered data that they find that they have a problem with, then THAT needs a
little more tactful handling! However the history of these changes will still
be
maintained. So an alternative method of 'correcting the mistake' will be
required ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL