>But to reiterate: I'd love to have a PD-like license or as Richard has
>said even better: I'd like anything that is "non-share-alike". And I
>don't agree with Oliver conclusion on what would happen (corporate
>"take over").

Interesting remark: the one says something like I want to have a Volkswagen
Golf. And the other says I am happy as soon as I get vehicle with four
tires. A non-share-alike license can also be commercial license that isn't
free...

It would be interesting what the higher goal is when statements are issued
that a PD-license is preferred. Who is intended to benefit from this type of
license? This would definitely be topic that belongs to this threat if a
candidate sees a certain group discriminated because of a wrong type of
license. In essence I would like to understand who is intended to benefit
from a PD-license, mappers, consumers, developers, companies, data donors? I
would also like to see a statement if in the candidates' view that a shift
to a PD-license would follow the Pareto principle that no group is
disadvantaged while other groups are put at advantage.

Regards,
Oliver