On 3 July 2010 23:27, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> But the underlying idea of property is required for attribution as well; you
> cannot force people to provide attribution without first claiming that the
> data is yours and yours alone and only by following your license will people
> be allowed to use it.

That's a very dim view of things imho, what about giving credit simply
to acknowledge the work of others, rather than ripping off the efforts
of others and claiming it as your own. While the license might spell
it out in legal terms, this is common courtesy, plain and simple in my
view, and if people were generally nicer to each other we wouldn't
have the need for licenses and lawyers and so on in the first place!