James Livingston <lists <at> sunsetutopia.com> writes:

>For casual editing, I'm not sure what I could put in that would be useful.
>Often
>I start off adding some street numbers I've collected, and then trace those
>houses from nearmap, and then start tracing a creek, and then start doing
>something when that ends. When I set the changeset comment, I don't know
>exactly
>what I'll be fixing up - I know the location, but you can get that from the
>changeset anyway without any comment.

Wouldn't it make more sense for changeset comments to be set when closing, or
at least be changeable afterwards (as, for example, log messages in version
control systems)?

The editor I use, Merkaartor, creates a new changeset every time you press the
Upload button, and prompts then for the comment.  This means that I do often
upload a single task (such as a single mapping trip) in several changesets
'part one', 'part two' etc, but that doesn't seem a bad thing.

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>