On 31/07/2010 10:05, Ulf Lamping wrote:
There are people who actively watch out "their area" what changes there.
That's fine and valueable. But IMHO it's *their job* to make sense of
the changes, not the mappers job.

What a selfish attitude for a supposedly co-operative project.

It may be obvious to you what the changes are and especially why because you did them. It isn't necessarily clear to someone looking at it, not least because our tools for looking at changes aren't well developed. For example, it is hard, though not impossible, to spot that a way has been reversed; a helpful comment "slip road was in the wrong direction" reassures me that this person is making a serious change because I can see that they were probably correct straight away.

I don't understand your attitude at all: it hardly takes a moment to add a helpful comment, but many minutes or hours to make the change itself. It is hardly a burden.

David