On 31 July 2010 19:24, David Earl <da...@frankieandshadow.com> wrote:
> I don't understand your attitude at all: it hardly takes a moment to add a
> helpful comment, but many minutes or hours to make the change itself. It is
> hardly a burden.

You gave a very simplistic comment example, how about something more
likely to occur by people doing large numbers of changes, for example,
realigning roads, fixing up names from photos, drawing in schools and
parks and playgrounds and buildings and pitches and ....

How exactly are you supposed to compress all the possible changes
you've made, into a single line, and not spend a similar amount of
time documenting what you did, why you did it, who paid for your time
and other expenses, what the weather was like, how many birds were
tweating, and any jokes you may have receive in an email while doing
all that...

Frankly I'd rather spend my time mapping than telling everyone to the
nth degree what my life story about why I made a change.