On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Tom Hughes <t...@compton.nu> wrote:

> For the record I think this is completely outside the scope of OSM and
> should not be done.
>
> Tom

The best definition of "scope of OSM" I found is on the wiki main page:
"OpenStreetMap creates and provides free geographic data such as street maps
to anyone who wants them. The project was started because most maps you
think of as free actually have legal or technical restrictions on their use,
holding back people from using them in creative, productive, or unexpected
ways. "

Historical geographic data is nowhere mentionned. Would it be possible to
clarify the scope about this point  (no historical data) ?

Pieren